Signage and Interactive Kiosks
Designed, consulted and managed game plan for ultimately 3,000 interactive kiosks and displays for 600+ next generation retail stores.
- Content management & hardware monitoring for up to 3,000 systems
- 90% of each store consists of interactive elements: touch screens, web-enabled notebooks, and content-triggering phone lift receptacles
- Complete production planning and design in 3 months
- Groundbreaking distributed network architecture allows for secure VPN communications and low bandwidth consumption
- Automatically and instantly streams cell phone pricing from internal database to each interactive touch screen
- Touchscreens can be activated by touch or by lifting a mobile phone from its wall receptacle
COMMUNITY PORTAL, ONLINE MARKETING AND SOCIAL PRESENCE
As Director of Online Strategy, deployed marketing tactics, online portal and IT infrastructure to grow organization to 3,000 members.
- Design a virtual community for expatriates of Atlantic Canada
- Market networking events and social programs to members, businesses, governments and sponsors
- Low cost: Organization is non-profit
- Website powered by Drupal CMS delivers a scalable, interactive experience with easy content publishing
- Leveraged Web 2.0 apps for ecommerce and marketing such as a Facebook Page, Twitter feed, LinkedIn Group, Eventbrite gateway, YouTube channel and Google Analytics.
- Low-maintenance, zero-cost IT infrastructure powered by Google Apps.
EVENTS, ADVERTISING and EMERGENCY MESSAGING
Consulted on deployment of 120+ multi-use displays for the official international broadcasting centre for the 2010 Winter Olympics. Winner of Sign Media Canada’s 2009 Digital Signage Award.
- 330,000+ square feet of function space with 350 events per year
- Mixed content: Meeting room event scheduling and video advertising
- Integration with the fire alarm system
- Demand for an environmentally sound solution
- Architecture designed with low cost, low maintenance media players equipped with system monitoring for high reliability
- Custom life safety solution allows for simultaneous visual message broadcast during fire alarm emergency
- Remote controlled timers and high efficiency media players and LCD displays minimize total energy footprint
ONLINE PROMOTION AND PRESENCE
Project consultation, management and deployment of interactive political site and social media elements.
- Easy maintenance and content management
- High usability for the user and the content authors
- Incite viewers to a specific call to action: join a political party and nominate candidate
- Coordinate creative designers, social media strategist, and developers
- Website powered by a custom system for stability, flexibility and simplicity
- AJAX elements and custom plugins create rich user experience
- Custom postal code plugin delivers direct 3-step funnel to achieve site objective
SIGNAGE AND MEDIA HYDRANTS
Deployed signage throughout Yonge Street’s newest shopping centre, including the largest HD outdoor sign in Canada.
- High exposure: Features Canada’s largest outdoor curved display (2,400 square feet) and the world’s largest commercial plasma display (103 inches)
- Multimedia ready: Provide a flexible multimedia environment for TV broadcasting and input/output of external A/V sources
- Streaming TV coverage of the 2008 Beijing Olympics and other events in HD quality to any sign within the complex
- Media hydrants embedded within digital directory stands allow for uplink of A/V equipment
- Remote monitoring and content management ensures timely and reliable content delivery
MODERN ART & CULTURE E-MAGAZINE
Project consultation, design and deployment of blog and social networking components for startup e-business.
- Build a self-sufficient website that can be maintained by executive team
- Work alongside creative director and technical lead for a clean, professional look
- Custom, unique designs for specific widgets
- Performed “life integration”: constructing a workflow to optimize ease of use and future maintenance.
- Delivered it all in one week